DISTRIBUTION CENTER OPERATIONS
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure and treasures work in a diverse cross cultural team? Then keep reading!
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using battery powered autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us.
At the moment, Zipline is making significant impact on healthcare outcomes in Rwanda and Ghana on a daily basis. We are expanding rapidly throughout the world and looking for amazing individuals who are passionate about the nexus of public health and cutting-edge technology to change the world.
We are currently a team of 300+ rockstars, with an R&D branch in California, USA and distribution centers for drone deliveries in Rwanda and Ghana.
About the Role
People are at the center of our mission and having fully engaged internal teams at our Distribution Centers while fostering strong and lasting relationships with the external communities we operate within help us realize our mission as a company. As a Community Lead, you will be expected to excel in;
Local Community Engagement
Proactively building goodwill in the community – ensuring that Zipline is a positive addition to the local context Internal & external messaging (ex. Ensuring the team is aware of the biggest updates across the company; maintaining a list of local talking points)
Coordinate local and regional outreach activities (ex. Blood Drives, Town Hall Meetings, etc.)
Local PR & Media Liaison – working with the Global PR to develop a robust PR strategy
Hosting visitors including VIPs and inspiring young kids/schools on visits to our Distribution Center
Internal Community & Culture keeper
Protecting our culture and values: Keep a close eye on how the Distribution Center is exemplifying our culture, giving quick direct feedback to leaders and individuals if values are not lived or followed.
Identifying patterns and systemic risks, and address with broad, system-level solutions. This includes a focus on integrity in all that we do; whether that involves how we are treating our customers and stakeholders or how we are being stewards of company resources.
Maintaining genuine individual relationships with each person at the nest. Conducting monthly 1:1’s with each
team member is a minimum expectation.
Communicating our values: Communicate frequently about our values, give direct feedback when they are exemplified to positively reinforce behavior.
Building Distribution Center team spirit through events and team-bonding and identity-building exercises, connecting to broader Zipline community and ensuring that team morale is high and challenges are addressed proactively.
- Degree in any field with a MINIMUM 3+ years working experience in a team lead role preferably in multinational start-up or NGO environment.
- Project Management experience will be an added advantage
- Positive and vibrant attitude to people and work and able to coordinate and organize successful events
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated expertise in events planning and execution across diverse cultures/localities. Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English as well as eloquence in Dagbani, Mampruli and Frafra is highly recommended.
- Training: You will go through a rigorous training process as part of the onboarding process. This training will be across multiple teams, so you will learn not only about customer success but also drone operations and fulfillment.
- Professional Development: Zipline is a fast growing startup and there will be many opportunities for you to rise as a leader, taking on more responsibility, and having more direct input into our processes and strategy
- Benefits: Zipline offers benefits to its team including health insurance, access to a library of management books, and more.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Zipline DOES NOT require you to make payments or do any favours to any individual, recruitment agent or agencies at any point in our recruitment process. Please DO NOT respond to any such demands. Kindly report such individuals or agencies to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.