You are responsible for the HD+ product in Ghana. The position holder manages the current product as well as future evolvements taking into account competition in the market and market trends.
You need to understand the customer needs and requirements on the one hand, but also take over a central role as end-to-end project manager on the other hand.
Externally, you are the first contact person for broadcasters and for HD+ product management in Germany. Internally you are a central point of contact for other departments especially sales, marketing and customer service. Together with HD+ Germany and the technical departments in Germany and Ghana you are defining future evolutionary steps of the HD+ product in Ghana. The job location is in Accra, Ghana, but the role works very strong together with the product team in Germany.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Product management for the HD+ product (B2C) in Ghana
- Responsible for current and future product design and functionalities of the HD+ product
- Responsible for current and future tariffs and pricing of HD+ product
- Responsible for product profitability of HD+ product
- Manage profitability issues (identify mitigation actions, discuss and synchronize these internally and implement them after a management decision)
- Monitor the competitive environment of HD+ in the market and derive necessary evolution steps concerning product features and pricing
- Observe international trends in the TV industry, map these to the local market and transfer these in a product roadmap.
- Create future market opportunities, define upcoming product features and implement them in an end to end way in co-operation with the other HD+ departments and external service providers.
- Responsible for customer care
- Interface with call center with regards to training and service quality
- Experience in product management in the TV, media or telecommunications industry. Managed product should have been a B2C product like PayTV product or mobile/fixed net product/tariff
- Highly developed analytical and strategic skills
- High responsibility and involvement for managed product
- Ability to take over the consumer’s perspective and his needs and wishes
- Excellent organization and management skills with clear focus on defined target
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Sense of accountability for areas of responsibility, combined with an ability to anticipate issues and manage risks
- Experience in commercial management of products
- High personal interest in TV, video entertainment and consumer technology area
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum five years of professional experience in B2C product management
- Relevant work experience in the broadcast or telecommunications industry a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ghanaian TV market a plus
- Demonstrable skills in developing efficient strategies for evolution of HD+ product
- Experience in project management
- English is a must, other West African languages and German a plus
- Willingness to travel in Ghana and abroad